Sunday 29 July 2012

Vintage Owl Cushion Pattern Re-Mixed


Here are baby, mummy and daddy owl.  Knit from a vintage pattern unearthed by my mother.  Knit in Amy Butler Belle Organic Aran yarn, a 50% organic wool and 50% organic cotton blend.  I used shell buttons from John Lewis for the eyes and a square of grey felt to make the beaks.  Stuffed with washable toy stuffing.

These are a gift for my niece Annabell for her 2nd birthday, I got baby and mummy done before her birthday but have only just finished daddy (hence two pictures). 

I am very please with them, they are a bit bigger than I had expected but the pattern does describe them as cushions not toys.  I will be tempted to knit baby again if someone wants a little toy. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where I could get this very cute pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pattern somewhere. I saw it on ebay too. I have made lots over the years and have some on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete